~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Monday, December 29, 2014

my one little word for 2015

So 2014 was my first real dedicated year of  'One Little Word'. A concept that Ali Edwards begun back in 2006. Rather than reinvent the wheel with the explanation of it, I'll let Ali explain ...


About One Little Word®

A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow.
In 2006 I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January – a word to focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. My words have included play, peace, vitality, nurture, story, light, up, open and thrive. These words have each become a part of my life in one way or another. They've been imbedded into who I am and into who I'm becoming. They've been what I've needed most (and didn't know I needed). They've helped me to breathe deeper, to see clearer, to navigate challenges, and to grow.

My 2014 word was 'no'. Back story here.  I'm pretty proud to say that I used that word quite a number of times this year to keep myself from feeling overwhelmed or from feeling guilty. I've actually felt very empowered by being able to say it and mean it without it weighing heavily on my conscious
So.... 2015..... I've been giving it a lot of thought. The 'one little word' needs to be a goal - achievable with a bit of effort. It needs to be relevant to who I am, it needs to have meaning or what's the point of it. It needs to take me out of my comfort zone, to challenge me, to make me aim high.
.
.
.

drum roll please
.
.
.
.



seek ...

... new horizons
... fun and laughter
... deeper relationships with the important people in my life
... help when I need it
... courage 
... deeper into myself to discover more of who I am
... grace, compassion and empathy
... and so much more.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Seek! What an amazing word. I don't think I've heard this from anyone else with One Little Word. I guess I'm adding it to my list for next year. ;-)